This post is over 30 days old. The position may no longer be available
Lead Backend Engineer - PHP/MySQL
Posted by Ajith Kochery
At Mobiusworks, we build products that help people take care of the safety, health and happiness of their loved ones, starting with everyone's best friend -dogs. Our flagship product Wagr is a smart location and fitness tracker for dogs and is the first of its kind in India.
Wagr was developed in close association with Qualcomm, and won 2nd place in the Qualcomm Design In India Challenge 2018-19. With a sharp focus on UX, data, and
precision engineering, we aim to become one of the best consumer product companies in the world.
Join us to work with a bunch of fun, highly creative, driven (and somewhat quirky) individuals who are passionate about technology and all things dog! :) . We provide plenty of learning opportunities in not just your area of interest, but across all aspects of Wagr.
As the Lead Backend Developer, you will take a leading role in building and maintaining a highly scalable, reliable and secure backend infrastructure for Wagr and our future consumer products as well. You will work closely with the Product team (front-end, UI/UX design, analytics) and Co-founder to build backend systems which are aligned with user needs as well as business goals.
- Participate in the entire application lifecycle, focusing on coding and debugging of the backend system.
- Collaborate with UX and Product team to gather and address technical and design requirements.
- Collaborate with front-end developers to integrate user-facing elements with server side logic.
- Develop and run unit tests to ensure a high quality of production level code.
- Document the development process, architecture, and standard components.
- Provide training and support to internal teams.
- Keep abreast of emerging technology trends and best practices in software engineering.
Minimum qualifications :
- Proven work experience as a Backend Developer for at least 2 years
- Solid understanding of deploying and maintaining production level backend systems
Hands on experience with the following technologies and platforms :
- Laravel PHP
- Google Cloud
Preferred qualifications :
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- BS/MS (or equivalent) degree in Computer Science or similar relevant field.
- Excellent analytical and time management skills
- Teamwork and creative problem solving skills
- Competence in data structures and algorithms
- Competence in system architecture design
- Experience in software testing
Hands on experience with the following technologies :
Apply for this position
Login with Google or GitHub to see instructions on how to apply. Your identity will not be revealed to the employer.
It is NOT OK for recruiters, HR consultants, and other intermediaries to contact this employer