This post is over 30 days old. The position may no longer be available
The Ken is India’s first and largest subscriptions-based media company.
Established in October 2016, we publish one deeply reported, analytical and well-narrated story every day. Our subscriber community, the majority of who are in India, comprise innovative and successful entrepreneurs and senior executives; venture investors; policy makers; MBA students; and 100+ companies.
Apart from our subscribers, we are also funded by a set of stellar investors, including Omidyar Network. We are headquartered in Bengaluru, India with offices in Delhi.
About the role
We see ourselves as a Product-first company. We achieve this by making product-first thinking and execution part of our DNA across the organisation – both in our journalism and in the products we build.
Our subscribers experience our products exclusively on our proprietary platforms —our website, and our subscriber-only mobile apps for Android and iOS. The mobile app is a premium product that’s available only to our paid subscribers. As a result, it’s carefully crafted, and we work hard to ensure that the experience is the best-in-class.
If hired, you will be part of The Ken’s in-house Product & Engineering team. You will report to the Head of Product, The Ken and will have the following responsibilities
- Build and own The Ken’s apps across mobile platforms. Using hybrid mobile technologies
- Work in a fast-paced, agile team to produce performant, high-quality products that our subscribers will love.
- Interface with the product and design team. Translate prototypes/mockups into app functionality
- Write modular, unit-testable code with high test coverage and following industry best-practices
- Implement Continuous Delivery (CD) for the mobile app to deliver quality features in small, frequent increments
- Maintain usability of The Ken’s native mobile apps by fixing critical bugs and updating existing features
Ideally 1-3 years of mobile app development. Strong full-stack software developers with experience in building quality user interfaces and interest in switching to mobile app development should also apply.
- We love self-driven individuals. We give them autonomy and freedom instead of shackling them with processes. Our team is comprised of people who build things, knock down bugs and research new technologies to deliver value. Day after day. Relentlessly. You’ll be one of them.
- We prefer candidates with past experience in building apps using hybrid mobile technologies like Ionic, Flutter, React Native, Apache Cordova etc.
- We look for a strong fit with our culture. You can read more about it here.
- Extra points for having experience in writing automated tests
Apply for this position
Login with Google or GitHub to see instructions on how to apply. Your identity will not be revealed to the employer.
It is NOT OK for recruiters, HR consultants, and other intermediaries to contact this employer