This post is over 30 days old. The position may no longer be available
Helping businesses to change the way users interact with their application.
Jiny is currently building mobile only Assistive UI platform for internet businesses. From our SDK that delivers our assistant on any mobile app and the platform that provides tools to create, modify and analyse user journeys, we've come a long way. One of India's largest telecom service provider trains millions of their users inside their app through Jiny's assistive UI capability. We’re looking for engineers with a deep understanding of the web app technologies to help Jiny build a robust platform for internet businesses.
You will work on:
- The Jiny Dashboard, which is Jiny's single page application for creating an assistive UI layer on mobile apps. Frontend engineers at Jiny work both on the platform for the Dashboard and on individual products themselves
- Develop our Jiny REST Services with monitoring dashboards
- Drive the entire Jiny Dashboard independently resolving its features/issues and deploying to production bug-free
- Develop technical plans and contribute to our technical architecture as we grow
- Design and document APIs that allow thousands of developers to seamlessly integrate Jiny into their mobile apps
- Ship quickly and often. We at Jiny care about agility as much as we care for scalability and availability
- Grow your team’s capacity by mentoring other engineers and interviewing candidates. This is a chance to be an integral part of building and growing a team
We’re looking for someone who has:
- Minimum 3 to 4 yrs of experience in developing web applications
- Experience building UI components using latest in ReactJS and and server side applications using nodeJS
- Strong experience of developing and deploying REST APIs
- Strong OO skills and design patterns knowledge and implementation experience using one or more object-oriented languages (e.g. Java, C/C++, Python)
- Experience developing and working with relational databases
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and communication skills
- Knowledge and experience adhering to software development life cycle best practices including test-driven development (TDD), unit testing discipline, agile development, and CI/CD strategies.
- Knowledge of tuning and making improvement in large scale distributed system
- An ability to translate real business problems into technical solutions
- A track record of forging strong relationships and building trusted partnerships through open dialogue and continuous delivery
You should include these in your application:
- Links to web apps you’ve developed, hosted/deployed and description of the parts you’ve specifically built
- Links to online profiles you use (GitHub, Twitter, etc)
- A description of your work history (whether as a resume, LinkedIn profile, or prose)
What’s it like to work at Jiny?
Jiny is helping the internet businesses to simplify how users interact on their application through its Assistive UI platform. Jiny makes it easy for any app to add an assistive layer to the existing app and supports 8 languages currently.
We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to take on some of the biggest challenges such as handling millions of requests on our SDK reliably. We look at Jiny as a constant work in progress and the same is true of our people; for all of us, we believe the best is yet to come. We’re here to support each other in our curiosity and creativity – which we pursue through thoughtful discussion and knowledge-sharing among a diverse set of peers and colleagues.
We want to work in a company of warm, inclusive people who treat their colleagues exceptionally well. The kind of people who are committed to going out of their way to help other team members in the short-term and pushing them to improve over the long-term (by helping them to get better at what they do).
We make sure that our people, product and the business represents and reflects our core values to deliver the best to our users. Our goal to solve for digital literacy by providing tools that empower the next billion users is something that keeps all of us moving at Jiny.
Apply for this position
Login with Google or GitHub to see instructions on how to apply. Your identity will not be revealed to the employer.
It is OK for recruiters, HR consultants, and other intermediaries to contact this employer