This post is over 30 days old. The position may no longer be available
Software development engineer - Spring
Posted by Vineet Reynolds (@vineetreynolds)
Talfinder is a developer assessment tool that helps companies hire developers effortlessly & efficiently. We are looking to grow our current engineering team, and are looking for junior-mid level engineers keen on working in an early-stage startup.
Our current tech stack uses Spring and Angular. We use AWS and Kubernetes to host our application. Our product enables companies to conduct skills assessment for candidates applying for software engineering jobs, and makes use of a web IDE to enable an efficient hiring process.
Responsibilities for this position
This position is for a software development engineer who'll work on developing backend services, for product features. You will work with our Head of Products in providing product design feedback. You'll also work with frontend engineers in designing and developing services to be consumed by the frontend. You'll work with architects and engineers in feature engineering, code reviews, refactoring and release planning. This role is for someone with close to 2 years of experience in the industry, who prefers startups, and who is seeking to take on additional responsibilities to grow in their career.
Required skills and experience -
- Atleast 1 yr experience in building features for web applications in Java. Knowledge of one server-side framework - Spring, Java EE, Dropwizard etc. is highly preferred.
- Experience in REST API design, knowledge of APIs designed for level 2 of Richardson maturity model
- Atleast 1 yr experience in developing web applications using any RDBMS - MariaDB, Postgres etc.
- Knowledge of design patterns
- Willing to work independently with little or no supervision
Desired skills and experience -
- Exposure to domain driven design
- Experience in building frontend components in one modern front-end framework - preferably Angular. Experience in React or Vue is also desirable.
- Exposure in devops, to managing Jenkins CI/CD pipelines, Kubernetes deployments and AWS.
You'll receive on-the-job training and mentoring to grow rapidly as an engineer. You'll work in a startup that employs the Lean Startup methodology, so you'll get to design, develop and release features rapidly to market.
Note - You would be required to take a coding assessment on Talfinder , should you apply to this position.
Apply for this position
Login with Google or GitHub to see instructions on how to apply. Your identity will not be revealed to the employer.
It is NOT OK for recruiters, HR consultants, and other intermediaries to contact this employer