This post is over 30 days old. The position may no longer be available
Fulfil’s software engineers develop the next-generation technologies that change how millions of customer orders are fulfilled by merchants. Our products need to handle information at massive scale. We're looking for engineers who bring fresh ideas from all areas into our technology.
As a Fulfil DevOps engineer, you will be responsible for deploying, automating, maintaining, troubleshooting and improving the systems that keep the backend infrastructure running smoothly. The role will encompass the use of a broad range of GCP based technologies, operating systems (Linux) and application environments.
In addition, you’ll take responsibility and ownership for ensuring the Fulfil App infrastructure is available 24 x 7 for our merchants enabling billions of dollars worth of transactions every day.
What You’ll Do:
- You’ll be directly involved in building and testing deployment pipelines, automated provisioning of infrastructure and maintaining uptime. You will be depended upon for advice by our engineering team on everything deployment and scale, as well as watching out for performance bottlenecks and scaling pitfalls.
- You’ll be a strong advocate within your team for writing clean code, designing and testing software systems and applying common infrastructure patterns. - You believe in infrastructure as code.
- You’ll know what DevOps stands for. You like spreading the knowledge behind software delivery, shared responsibility and infrastructure operations through close collaboration with engineering teams.
- You’ll be ready and willing to get involved from day one, building cutting edge infrastructure, using the latest technology in provisioning and configuration management including support services like monitoring, logging and alerting.
- You’ll know how to work the cloud. You have a comprehensive and deep understanding of the architecture behind distributed, connected services and environments and the modern container driven 12 factor apps
We're Looking for Somone With:
- 2+ years of experience in build and release management, preferably for SaaS products.
- 2+ years of experience in scripting languages like python or bash.
- Hands-on experience with modern CI/CD tools (Travis CI, Circle CI).
- Practical experience of running and managing services in cloud computing platforms (AWS, GCP).
- DB Skills: Basic DB administration experience (Postgres).
- Good understanding of container services (Docker/Kubernetes)
- Strong knowledge of Unix/Linux utilities, configuration, and administration
- Strong familiarity with networking, HA / Load Balancing and Security (using Cloud KMS and such)
- Ability to diagnose and perform blameless postmortems.
- Strong experience in log management and performance monitoring using tools like NewRelic and AppDynamics.
Nice to Haves:
- Prior experience at a growth stage Internet/Software company
- Experience working with ORMs like SQLAlchemy or Django
- Experience in developing large server side applications and microservices.
- Experience with python testing tools (pytest) and test automation.
- Experience with ReactJS, Google Cloud, Heroku
- Cloud deployment and scaling experience.
- Experienced in the tools of our web stack
Apply for this position
Login with Google or GitHub to see instructions on how to apply. Your identity will not be revealed to the employer.
It is NOT OK for recruiters, HR consultants, and other intermediaries to contact this employer