This post is over 30 days old. The position may no longer be available
BookMyShow | Software Development Engineer III | Backend
Posted by Uzma Fodkar (@uzmafodkar)
Ever wondered what it's like to work at a 1000+ employee company that functions with the same excitement and drive as a 3 person startup? BookMyShow is evolving, and we are inviting passionate engineers to join us in transforming our products for the next generation of internet users.
An SDE III in BookMyShow plays a key role in owning end to end design/Architecture of a complex system/team they have assigned to. They co-own the technology vision of the respective team and significantly contribute to the overall success of the team. They partner with the product/business teams to understand the product features and specifications, translate them into high level and low-level design thereby facilitating the team in design and development of mission-critical applications.
An SDE III would be owning a small team of his own and is expected to be up with the times when it comes to new Tech. They are expected to act as tech and system design mentors to the young engineers in BookMyShow.
What are we looking for?
- Technically hands-on, with deep dive expertise in designing and developing real-time internet applications or high scale SAAS applications.
- 7-9 years of experience in developing products with at least a couple of years in leading a team.
- Excellent command over Data Structures and Algorithms.
- Exceptional coding skills in atleast one of the our mainstream languages (NodeJS/C#/Golang).
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Deep SQL expertise and experience with large distributed database design
- Rigor in automated testing, code quality, and engineering best practices.
- Experience with caching Tech (Memcache, Redis, Aerospike).
Preferred, Not Required
- Experience with high-performance websites and Apps catering to millions of daily traffic is a plus.
- Experience with Search and Related Technologies like ElasticSearch or Solr
- Experience with NoSQL Databases like MongoDB, Counchbase etc..
- Understanding and expeirence of working in an Agile System
What kinda challenges do we have?
- Building micro-services & scale applications that handle over 100,000 requests per minute.
- Automate deployments, setup real-time performance monitoring dashboards, and integrate CI/CD pipelines.
- Work with our Product & Design team to craft customer centred applications used by millions of people everyday.
- Write algorithms to improve our personalisation and recommendation systems and drive discovery of events to millions of users
- Define rule engines to automate business workflows.
And much more. The list is extensive and we'd love to share more details over a chat.
What will you do ?
- Come up with the best practices to help the team achieve their technical tasks and continually thrive in improving the technology of the product/team.
- Drive adoption of best practices & regular participation in code reviews, design reviews, and architecture discussions.
- Experiment with new & relevant technologies and tools, and drive adoption while measuring yourself on the impact you can create.
- Implementent the long-term technology vision for your team.
- Responsible for complete architecture of your product.
- Create architecture & design for new solutions around existing/new areas.
- Decide technology & tool choices for your team & be responsible for them.
Years of experience: 6+ years
Apply for this position
Login with Google or GitHub to see instructions on how to apply. Your identity will not be revealed to the employer.
It is NOT OK for recruiters, HR consultants, and other intermediaries to contact this employer