Remote (India) Backend engineer with a flair for fullstack for an early stage US startup
Posted by Unmatched
We are looking to hire a Full-time, Remote (India) Backend engineer with a flair for writing full stack code to help create a SAAS product from the ground up in a niche industry.
This will be the v2.0 of an existing legacy platform with paying customers. This position is within the first few hires in the founding team of the revamped company.
We are on a mission to build a truly world class product and deliver at high speeds with high quality.
Read on and apply for the job if you are a doer, likes no BS, think you're competent enough to get things done, wants some quiet time every day, wants to make a difference, values work life balance and enjoy life outside work.
At least 5 years building scalable SAAS applications in cloud. It would be great to showcase anything progressive. Education from premier institutions, git contributions, tech blogs, volunteering, pet projects, etc.
- Architect, write, deploy and own the (SAAS) product from technical standpoint working closely with a frontend engineer and a designer
- Create and deliver the product end-to-end all the way to the user
- Write highly performant code and continuously measure performance and make the application better based on benchmarks
- Debug production issues and keep the application quality high always
- Assist with hiring more people when the team grows
- Pick up any appropriate work as in any early stage company
General Skills Needed -
- Should be able to build and deploy multi-tenant SAAS applications end to end
- Need to have a technology agnostic mindset. Should be able to easily pick up any new technology based on the use case.
- Should be an expert software craftsman/craftswoman. Must own the code and be proud of what you build.
- Write well thought out, well tested code with extensive unit tests and integration tests so that addition of future features is easy.
- Must know cloud deployment concepts and be comfortable creating and maintaining cost effective cloud deployment strategies. AWS experience highly preferred.
- Must be able to design and architect simple, market tested yet highly scalable solutions
- Must be able to quickly iterate and produce working software at a high speed. Must not be shy to scrap and rebuild when there is a need
- Must be appreciative of documentation and write well documented code and technical documentation alongside
Technical Skills Needed -
- Expert level knowledge in one of the backend programming languages - Java, Python, Go etc. Java or Python preferred
- Expert level knowledge in creating cost-efficient and scalable cloud deployments (AWS preferred)
- Expert level knowledge in industry standard design patterns and tools
- Expert level understanding of various frameworks on authentication and authorization, billing and metrics
- Expertise in data analytics and reporting - creating reports based on the data collected and deliver to the frontend
- Expertise with Frameworks
- React, Angular, Vue, or other modern frontend frameworks
- Node, Django, or similar backend frameworks
- PostgreSQL, MySQL, any NoSQL or other database technology
- Opportunity to build a SAAS product from the ground up. Lots of challenges to tackle on
- Work remotely from anywhere within India
- Emphasis on work-life balance and professional development
- Flexible work hours and a lot of autonomy
- Work with a very informal team collaborating over slack. No meaningless meetings. Focus on getting things done and not hours put in
- Opportunity to grow the team with the company
- Early employee benefits in future if the company grows big
- Market salary and an yearly bonus outside the salary based on company + individual performance
- Generous PTO plan
Apply for this position
Login with Google or GitHub to see instructions on how to apply. Your identity will not be revealed to the employer.
It is NOT OK for recruiters, HR consultants, and other intermediaries to contact this employer