Lead - Quality Engineer
Posted by Rashmi Seshadri (@rashii)
Quaero is the leading Customer Data Management (CDP) for direct marketers, direct marketing agencies and digital publishers. In compliment of this product offering, we deploy teams of data scientists, data engineers, BI practitioners and strategic consultants to help our customers succeed in generating insights, monetizing data and evolving their businesses to be truly data driven.
At Quaero, we consider ourselves business minded adventures. We are collaborative, empowered and accountable. We are driven by intellectual curiosity and the desire to deliver a best in class result.
QA engineer responsibilities include estimating, planning and executing testing activities. You will also ensure that quality issues and defects are appropriately identified, documented, tracked, and resolved in our defect tracking system. You will also be responsible for the operation and improvement of the software build system.
- Review requirements specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured Test Plans, Test Scenario's, Test Cases and Regression Test Suites
- Estimate, prioritize, plan, coordinate and execute testing activities.
- Identify, record, document thoroughly and track bugs
- Troubleshoot to isolate issues and direct issues to appropriate developer with useful information that accelerates remediation
- Maintain thorough regression testing
- Manage, monitor, enhance and evolve the Continuous Integration system, which includes automated software builds, regression testing and release management
- Collaborate with release management and project management to ensure timing and quality of product releases
- Design, develop and execute automation scripts using open source tools
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in software quality assurance in a product development environment.
- Experience in Analytics and Big Data Testing – Hadoop/HDFS and Hive.
- Experience in writing and debugging SQL Queries and HQL Queries.
- Experience in testing ETL projects or testing data at scale. Proven track record to generate and work with huge test data.
- Experience in REST API testing and working knowledge of tools such as Postman to test API calls.
- Experience in Agile testing.
- Experience in testing third party integrations.
- Experience in debugging System, Environment and Database Logs.
Nice to Have
- Experience in Docker, Kubernetes would be an added advantage.
- Experience in working with cloud platforms would be an added advantage.
- Experience in Java/ Python would be an added advantage.
- Experience in Performance and Load Testing with tools such as JMeter would be an added advantage.
- Experience in Automation is an added advantage.
- Working knowledge of Linux/Unix would be an added advantage
Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Engineering.
2 day work from home policy per week
Flexible working hours etc...
Apply for this position
Login with Google or GitHub to see instructions on how to apply. Your identity will not be revealed to the employer.
It is NOT OK for recruiters, HR consultants, and other intermediaries to contact this employer