This post is over 30 days old. The position may no longer be available
Cloudera is looking for exceptional Software Engineer to own and deliver HDP (Hive, HDFS, Yarn, Spark etc.) maintenance/partner releases. Exciting opportunity to gain experience working with Hadoop, understand big data use cases at world’s largest deployments of Hadoop, participate and contribute in vibrant Apache Software Foundation community. You would contribute to Apache projects with the opportunity to become a committer.
Drive HDP maintenance releases (perform system test analysis, deliver backports and develop new patches).
Debug system level deployment issues, root cause analysis, and resolve failures.
Work with Java / Scala on the different components and with Python on our test framework and tools.
Gain a solid understanding and deep technical knowledge of Hadoop components across the stack, which you can utilize in your daily tasks.
Work on improving the internal infrastructure.
Relevant studies / BS or MS in Computer Science or related field.
Strong knowledge in Java
Development experience in Linux environments.
Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
Experience (or demonstrated interest) in distributed computing or high availability systems is a plus.
Big Data / NoSQL / distributed database experience is a plus.
Previous open source contribution is a plus.
Health and wellness
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans
- Life & disability
- On-site gyms at various locations
- Gym reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Competitive Retirement saving plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Flexible spending accounts
- Variable incentive plans
- Commuter checks
- Paid medical disability & child bonding leaves
- Family youth intern program
- Bring Your Child to Work Day
- Bring Your Parents to Work Day
- Volunteer time off policy
- Quarterly team building offsites
- Tuition reimbursement
- Mentorship of interns
- Generous time off policies
- Free and catered lunches based on office location
- Casual dress code
- Social gatherings
- Discount programs
- T-shirt enthusiasm
- Global wellness challenges
- Business travel insurance
- Redpoint global crisis management services
Apply for this position
Login with Google or GitHub to see instructions on how to apply. Your identity will not be revealed to the employer.
It is NOT OK for recruiters, HR consultants, and other intermediaries to contact this employer